Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday- Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut butter. My love. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I went a day without eating it. Some of my favorite ways to enjoy peanut butter include: on toast with honey, a classic pb&j, with vanilla ice cream, on a spoon, with apples or bananas, and peanut butter cookies! My mom has been making these cookies as long as I can remember and I'm so excited to share the recipe with you. These are actually the cookies that I took to the hospital when Clay was born for everyone to enjoy (yes, I took a treat for everyone)!

Here ya go:

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients in bowl.
Mix well.
Roll into ball & press with fork.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Enjoy!

Notes
I mix these together with my hands (after thoroughly washing my hands) because they just mix so much better that way!
You can change a couple things up: add chocolate chips (!) or use chunky peanut butter!




20130220-221953.jpg
Easy peasy.



20130220-222010.jpg
With chocolate chips.

Let me know how these work for you!

Love,
Jess

No comments: