Wednesday, October 8, 2014

These are my confessions...

Let's skip the small talk and get right to it:

 

  • I've become a complete and total Mama Bear lately. One of Clay's classmates shoved him repeatedly the other day and I wanted to drop her. You know, except she's two. In my defense, I have the sneaking suspicion that she's the reason he's started crying and asking to go to grandma's when I drop him off in the morning.
  • I have this weird fascination with a certain religion. Not that I would ever want to convert, but more like an "I think the ridiculous of it all is absolutely insane" fascination.
  • I had over 8,000 photos on my phone until two days ago when I slowly started moving them to google drive. It's like I have a new phone, guys. It is SO fast now.
  • I've gotten into such a bad habit of just handing Clay the ipad when he comes to my bed in the morning and sleeping just a little (like an hour) more.
  • I've already started planning Clay's third birthday party (firefighter theme!) and I've had his 4th birthday party themed picked out since I was pregnant (Olympics).
  • It is way harder than I thought to keep up with an etsy store and a blog.
  • I don't even want to look at my 2014 wishes. In fact, I'm not even going to link back to that post because it's just sad now. Next year, 2015 Jessica, do monthly goals instead.
  • When I get asked to help with math homework, I get weirdly excited about it. Math is like a puzzle and this girl likes puzzles.
  • I don't like worms, or dirt all that much (unless I'm planting flowers). It's a good thing we have an awesome Aunt Mindy to drag along to fishing tournaments.
 
 

 

Now that I've spilled my guts, it's only fair that you leave a confession for me in the comments!

 

Linking up with Kathy for Humpday Confessions!

 

post signature

 

5 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i cannot stand kids who are rude like that. if i see stuff like that happening, i will right up to that kid and firmly tell that kid that what he/she is doing is WRONG and won't even care if the parent sees me because if they don't tell their kid, i will.

my daughter and i talk about stuff like that often; she'll tell me if something like that happens so we role play... that way she can understand what is the right thing to do/how to react when something like that happens. i'm all about teaching my kid to stand up for herself (without violence) by firmly telling the other kid DO NOT PUSH ME! THAT IS NOT NICE! so that kid knows what he/she is doing is wrong. if that shit continues to happen, i've advised kayla to tell a teacher and if that continues to happen, to tell me.

thanks for linking up!
-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Anonymous said...

I've definitely told kids being mean to my kid that if I seen them do it again they'd be in trouble. I must look scary because it usually works, also this is exactly why I have Little K in karate!

Don't feel bad at all about the iPad thing, just be thankful he's old enough now to let you sleep a little longer. When I was little I use to watch Saturday morning cartoons and eat cereal my mom would leave for me. All I had to do was add a cup of milk she left in the fridge, it was awesome! In my mind I was a "big kid". :)

Lynsey @ Eternally Wanderlyn said...

Oh, no! I hope that little girl stops picking on Clay. I think it's something most kids will have to face at some point.

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup said...

I’m growing so accustomed to not having privacy in the bathroom that I’m starting to forget to even close the door at all, especially if there is company. Ooops. Sorry, guests!

OR...

On occasion, I’ve lied to random people and told them I breastfed so that I wouldn’t have to deal with their horrible judgy-judgy eyes and looks. In the end, the only thing I feel towards that is sad. Sad for myself and any other woman who has had to do the same because it really shouldn’t be that way.

Desiree Macke said...

There's a certain religion I'm mildly obsessed with, too, because of the sheer insanity of some of the things taught/believed! I'll hear some of this said craziness, and I'm just thinking to myself, "Is this for real?! Do people ACTUALLY by into this? W.T.F.?!!"

And that damn iPad. I've started hiding it not only from Marcus, but from me, too. It's become all to easy to let him tinker around on that than actually play.