Monday, September 23, 2013

My favorite recipe. EVER.

So we all know how obsessed I am with the food blog Pinch of Yum, written by the wonderful Lindsay. I first found this recipe on her site way back in April and have made it several times since! I love it because it's quick to prep, has 5ish ingredients (it's customizable), it's healthy and it can be eaten a ton of different ways. Without further adieu I present:



Crockpot Mexican Chicken!



I know. You're in love already, as you should be. Here's the link to Lindsay's original recipe and here's how I've been making it lately:




  • 1 pound of chicken breast

  • 2 cans of low sodium black beans, rinsed well (sometimes I change it up and do pinto beans)

  • 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning

  • 1 jar of salsa

  • 1/2 package of frozen corn



Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot, stir, cook on high for 4 hours. When it's done, pull it apart with forks (easy!).



There you have it. Be prepared for this deliciousness:





Ways you can eat Crockpot Mexican Chicken:




  • As a dip

  • On a taco or burrito

  • On a salad

  • Blend it up and use it for baby food (Clay LOVED this dish)

  • By the spoonful



So there you have it. I try to freeze half of this when I make it and it tastes just as good thawed out later!



PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMEMT: If you own a crock pot, go buy some of the liners for it! My aunt got me five (!) boxes of liners for Christmas and it's sooooo much easier to just throw the liner away than to have to soak and scrub the pot!



Linking up with:



Mouthwatering Mondays



 



 

No comments: