Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dear Clay,

Dear Clay Lucas,



I know when I write these letters I'm usually a big ole sap but today I wanted to share some practical advice with you:




  • Express is the only place you'll find jeans to fit your small waist and long legs. Trust me.

  • Hold doors open for people whenever you can (especially the ladies and elderly and kids- ok, everybody).

  • Always say your pleases and thank yous. Always.

  • Go to your dad right now (if you haven't already), and let him teach you to cook. Especially his dirty quesadillas. Don't be the guy who eats Ramen til he gets married.

  • Always help your friends when they need help moving. You never know when you'll be the one needing help.

  • When you get married, dust the baseboards for your wife. It will rock her world.

  • Make sure you wash your hands at least three times after using Vick's (especially before using the bathroom).



And don't ever forget, I love you so so so much, pumpkin butt!



Love,



Mom





Linking up with Rachel & Krystal



 

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Dusting the baseboards stuff is awesome advice, that will get the little guy the world from any woman.

Rachel said...

Great advice- especially the door opening one! That seems to be a lost art, sadly :(

Trish said...

As someone who just moved to a new house, I applaud your moving assistance advice :)

Desiree said...

Oh my goodness, I bust out laughing at the hand-washing after Vicks!
Wise words, momma!!

Krystal said...

This was precious! ;) Baseboard dusting! That's romantic. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Time For Mom! I hope you join us again today!