Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Easter Bunny & Farm Life... Easter Part Two

Please, don't die of shock that I actually got this post up when promised. It was a complete fluke of nature :)
 
After sleeping in til 10 (ten!) on Saturday, we had big important plans. First up, Walmart. Yes, Walmart. On a Saturday. On the Saturday before Easter. I'm just going to say that I would almost rather give birth again than go to Walmart on any Saturday.
 
 

 

But... something good did come from this trip to Walmart. You see, a couple of weeks before, I had just decided not to take Clay to see the Easter bunny. I figured he would cry and it would be a waste of money. So there we are, walking along, just trying to get what we needed and get out, and there's the Easter bunny! Walmart was taking Easter bunny pictures. For free. Now, they aren't the greatest quality (plus what you see here is a picture of a picture), but seriously? He was all about the Easter bunny.

 

 
 
This next part I don't expect you to be excited about unless you've been to one, but Clay experienced his first taste of Pal's (a.k.a. the home of frenchie fries and peachie teas).
 
 

 

After lunch we headed out to the barn for a visit with Pappaw and a ride on a tractor.

 

That is a makeup-less Jessica. Apparently when pollen gets on your eyeball and your actual eyeball swells, mascara is discouraged (you're welcome for not sharing the up close picture of that).

 

 

 

Of course, Clay had to get a selfie in while we were at the barn.

 

 

 

 

Clay didn't love riding on the tractor so we'll skip the pictures of him crying. He did however love riding on the lawn mower. I'll take it.

 

And that was the end of Saturday. Only two more posts to go til I'm done recapping the longest Easter weekend ever. Whew.

 

post signature

3 comments:

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Love love love farm life! Cruz can't get enough of it and I think it's so good for them to experience it!

And am I worst mama ever for not taking Cruz to see the Easter bunny? Not just this year, but never?

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, I only go to Walmart on Saturday's before 9 AM. Most of the gross is still in bed at that time.

Trish said...

I do believe when you go into Walmart on a Saturday before a holiday, you're actually entering a portal to hell. At least that's what it feels like to me ;-)