Yes, contrary to the way it seems on this blog, we are alive. This summer has just been crazy. Crazy busy, crazy fun, crazy stressed. Anyway, now that life is taking a turn towards the slow times of fall, you'll be seeing us more! Sidetrack: am I the only person who thinks of fall as the "slow" season? You know, like just taking your time walking along, enjoying the sights and smells because you know winter is just around the corner. No? Just me? Okay then. On to today's post.
I usually like to keep these Friday posts as a kinda recap of the week, but instead we're going to talk about five things I've been doing instead of blogging:
- Working. Working. Working. This doesn't really need much of an explanation. The kids are on summer break so while I've worked a lot, I've also spent my fair share of time at the pool so I'm not hating it too much.
- Resting and reading. After a health scare (I really freaked out more than I should have) back in March, I was ordered to get more sleep/rest and eat healthy. Well, even after I was declared all better, I decided that maybe that's what this summer would be about and while it has had it's moments, I've definitely made it a point to have "me" time (you know, when a toddler isn't sneaking out of bed to interrupt my bubble bath :/).
- Spending more time with Clay. We've went on some adventures, colored, talked, and watched Planes (the movie) 50 times and real planes once.
- Planning Clay's birthday. After Clay's party last year, I decided I didn't want to do a big party this year, just our closest friends. Ha, whatever, Jess, you're funny. I listed all of our close friends. The invite list was identical to last year!
- Opening an Etsy shoppe with Amy. Hopefully I'll have a full post about this up next week (with a giveaway!), but for now you can go here to visit the shoppe (we're still getting items listed!) and you should definitely click HERE and enter our Instagram giveaway.