Saturday, August 4, 2012

Food Friday "Classics"

I know, I know. I've been slacking, but I'm really excited to share with you one of my favorite recipes. It took me many batches but I finally figured out how to perfect the chocolate chip cookie! I use the Nestle Toll House Recipe but make a couple of changes.

Before I continue on with the recipe, I would like to share with you a wonderful clip from a wonderful show...enjoy!

Phoebe's Nestle Toulouse Recipe

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg
1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Use your hands to mix the shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop with an ice cream scoop onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.



Okay, now who wants to bring this pregnant girl some?
Love,

Jess


1 comment:

edawkins said...

I think that you should bring me some cookies. They look delicious. Next time we cook, let's bake? Okay? Great!