Saturday, October 27, 2012

Couch to 5k!

So I'm doing this. I started on October 14th and things are going...well. Basically the program starts you out really really slow and you work your way up. If you want to check it out just google it! Here's what's happening:




  • A rough beginning... I have never been a runner. I've tried many times and failed. Give me an elliptical and I'll go all day but running? No way... I did my first workout with Liz while pushing Clay in the stroller...I didn't think I was going to make it but I did! It definitely helped to have Liz there encouraging me!





  • I'm ahead...with a little help! Somehow I've gotten ahead! I'm actually at the end of week 2 but I started my week 3 workouts today! The kids I nanny for want to run so I've been doing my workouts with them! We did two this week! Also, Liz has ran with me a couple times and Clay is always up for being pushed in the jogging stroller.

  • I picked my first race! The Reindeer Romp on December 15th. My goal was to pick a 5k to do in January/February but I should be done with the training program the week before so I thought it would be perfect! Plus...I can decorate the stroller. And dress in crazy Christmas running gear. Check!


Well, that's all I have time for now but hopefully I'll update you all weekly on my progress!

Love,

Jess

No comments: