Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog EVERY Day in May??

It's finally Thursday! Yayyyy!

I'm currently in the process of making a decision about my blog: do I want to keep it small or do I want to grow it? Eeeek! Anywho, while I'm meandering that I thought this challenge would be a good way to practice my writing and have fun! The challenge is to blog EVERY DAY in May with a prompt given for each day.





Since I'm a day behind (let's face it, this won't be the last time this happens), I'm going to double up on posts today.

Day 1: Tell the story of my life in 250 words.

Erk. I feel like it's the first day of school and my palms are sweaty because I have no idea what to say when it's my turn.

I was born one Thursday in September in Knoxville, Tennessee with some crazy red hair to Jerry and Penny. They got divorced when I was a year old and when all was said and done I had 2 half sisters and 2 half brothers. After graduating high school in 2003 I went to King College where I graduated in 2007 with a BoA in Business Administration with a concentration in Sports Management. With the exception of a few months when I was younger I lived in Tennessee my entire life until I moved to Charlotte in 2010. In 2010 I was working at a very stressful job that I had a love/hate relationship with so I took a leap and took a nannying job in Charlotte where my friend Liz lived. I ended up working for another family after that and am still with them. In August 2012 the stork (I can't fit that story into 250 words) brought me the love of my life, Clay Lucas. And that's where I am.

image
Hey, mom

Day 2: Tell about something I know a lot about or something I am good at.

So I'm really good at: Netflixing (so a new word), Googling, and thoroughly documenting my child's life through photos (not saying the photos are high quality but they'll do). Anyway, I'm going to talk about the latter.



20130502-215716.jpg
Oh, gosh. Here she goes.

On average I'd say I take around 10 pictures of Clay a day on my phone (plus some on my camera). I know, you're thinking I'm a little crazy. I also usually post at least one picture a day on Facebook. I've probably lost Facebook friends because of it. Do I care? Uh, no.

image
I think he's starting to hate the pictures.

So (besides wanting to eventually make Clay photo books/scrapbooks one day), the main reason I take so many photos is because my family is 4 1/2 hours away.

I think my mom's heart was broken when she found out I was pregnant because she was afraid she would miss out on so much of her grandbaby growing up. Never fear, mom. She (and my grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin, and sister) get daily pictures of Clay through text messaging.

image
Today's daily.

I also want to make sure that Clay knows what his family looks like which is why I've started this photo wall in his room.

image

Needless to say, I'm addicted to pictures. I have them everywhere and am fairly certain that I don't have enough displayed.

And that's what I'm good at. Taking and distributing photos of my child.

Oh my. I've got to work at this writing thing. Please be patient.

Tomorrow is Friday!

Love,
Jess

No comments: