Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Now listen here, missy...

Today's prompt was to give a piece of advice. I went back and forth all day. Funny advice or serious advice? Parenting related or not? Finally a few minutes ago it hit me.

So from my 8 months of parenting experience, my biggest piece of advice is:

Don't let other people tell you how to parent your child.

I don't mean be rude to people who give advice. I just mean that ultimately you are the parent(s) and you know what is best for your child.

A few of my favorite pieces of advice:

"Oh, that baby needs socks on." When it's 75 degrees outside...


20130509-004506.jpg

"Formula is the devil." Okay, so I didn't hear these exact words, but I might as well have. For the record, my intentions were to breastfeed exclusively but we got to the point where I just could not physically produce enough milk for Clay. He is now breast and formula fed. And perfectly healthy. Wait. I feel like this is an entire post to itself. I'll revisit this in weeks to come.

Anything along the lines that a child from an untraditional family won't be happy. Clearly we don't have that problem.



20130509-004420.jpg

And countless more.

I know, I'm rambling. I think I've gotten my point across though so I'll stop.

Also, you should go watch this video. I think I've watched it about 100 times since Clay went to bed.

HERE!HERE!

Forgive me, I haven't figured out how to actually put the video in the post. HELP!



20130509-004126.jpg
Yeah, so I memed a picture of my son. Insomnia is THE best.





Love,
Jess

No comments: