Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dear Clay,

Dear sweet boy,



There are a couple of things you should know about your mama: firstly, I get sappy weepy easily (stop rolling your eyes with your dad's "duh" look on your face), and I will hunt down any girl that breaks your heart (although said girl should be way more scared of your aunts).



Today I was on my way to grandma's to pick you up and I just started crying- like those ugly tears I'm sure you've seen me get. I realized there's going to come a time when you don't come to me when you get hurt (oh, gosh, here come the tears again). A time when you don't just crawl up into my lap to give me a hug then go back to playing.



You took your first steps yesterday and while I was SO ecstatic that you started taking steps, at the same time I could see you walking across that graduation stage on your way to being an adult.



I feel as though I've missed out on so much time with you already because there were dishes to put away or more laundry to fold or I just didn't put my phone or ipad down and play with you.



No more of that nonsense (I'm not saying I'm perfect and won't slip up every now and then). The dishes and the laundry and the emails can wait until your asleep. They certainly aren't going anywhere (trust me, I've tried). I just want to be there more.





I snuck into your room to take this picture just now (please don't ask how many pictures I have of you sleeping). You're already such a loving little boy with your "friends" you sleep with at night. Never lose that. And always remember, you're never to old to give your mama a hug.


 


I love you so much, Clay Lucas!


Love,


Mama


 


Linking up with Rachel & Krystal and Kristin!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Aww, so precious! Stopping by from Time for Mom (and new follower on Bloglovin). What a sweet little man you have! Look forward to reading more. :)

jillyan32 said...

I almost starting crying-- "You are never too old to give your mama a hug" -- Tear!! It is so hard watching them grow up, isn't it? My daughter's 1st year birthday is around the corner and she is nearing walking too-- very exciting for your little one btw-- but it is hard wondering where the time goes and wanting it to slow down...

Jill @ youmeandcapri.com

Desiree said...

Yay for the steps!!
I think I have approximately 3,297,543,001 photos of M sleeping. Not creepy, right?
I think I've said every stage is a fun one, but the one you're embarking on, I think it's the very best. :)

Becky said...

So sweet, and yet so sad! I feel the same way when I watch my little girl. The time goes so fast that you want to just bottle it up, but you can't. I have a no internet rule that I hold myself to when I am playing with my daughter, but I still feel like I am not soaking up as much of her as I could be. If only we could freeze time. Sigh.

Thanks for the great read!
Becky :)

Rachel said...

Awww this is so sweet! You are very sappy like you said, but its cute! I love those moments when they climb in your lap for a quick snuggle and then go back to playing! So cute!