Guys. Being snowed in with a toddler is a whole new ball game. Clay doesn't understand basic Snowcation rules like sleeping in... okay, so that's the only rule that I have but he just didn't get it at all! It was nice getting to spend time with Clay without having to go anywhere and we checked everything off of our Snowcation bucket list except one thing!
- Play in the snow. We only lasted about five minutes but we did it! It turns out Clay doesn't like the snow so much when it's past his knees and that was just fine with this snow hating girl :)
- Drink hot chocolate and eat cookies. Yes! Well, Clay decided he didn't want his hot chocolate so I drank that and he ate the cookies.
- Bake cookies. Make pancakes. Check! Check! Peanut butter dark chocolate chip cookies- recipe here, you're welcome! I tried a new pancake recipe this time (2 eggs, a banana, and a dash of cinnamon blended together) and it was surprisingly delicious!
- Give Clay his Valentine's Day present early and watch it! So I gave Clay his present on Thursday and he immediately ran to the tv with the DVD. Then my worst fear came true, the power went out in the middle of the movie. Luckily it was only out for a couple of hours so we made due.
- Watch the Olympics and have a picnic in the living room. We actually did this for just about every meal on Wednesday and Thursday. It would have gotten ridiculous, but hey, the Olympics only happen every two years!
- Have a pool party in the tub! Welllll, we did this. I'm not sure I would call it a success but Clay didn't cry the entire time.
- Catch up on crocheting and work on stocking my etsy shop. Err. About that...
- FaceTime with the family. Done :)
- Go through Clay's clothes. I'm so glad I did this because I was able to make room for all of the 2T hand me downs and Target/GAP stash I had boxed up. Now when I get asked what Clay needs, I know exactly what to say :)
- Rest. I ended up doing more of this than I had planned on because of the wretched stomach bug that invaded my body and took me hostage on Thursday night (really, not exaggerating, worst stomach virus I've ever had).
- Read. (Suggestion from Kelli) Done! What else was I supposed to do when the power was out??
- Make snow cream. (Suggestion from Desiree) Yes! And it was delicious! I only wish we had sprinkles to add. You can find the recipe we used here.
How was your Snowcation (if you got one)?