In 2013 I somehow managed to do pretty well on my wishes for the year without even looking at them after January. In my optimistic high from doing so well last year, I decided to add more this year. Some easy, some hard. This year, I know that I'm going to need to check in periodically and see how I'm doing. Let's see how I'm doing:
- Read to Clay everyday. This hasn't happened. Clay does get read to everyday though. Between daycare, grandma, dada, and me, someone is reading at least 2-3 books a day to him. I really want to do better at this though! Even if it means giving up a few minutes of sleep in the morning.
- Eat clean 80% of the time at home (Clay too) including my lunch I pack to take to work. I'm going to say we did this 60% in January. I made a ton of meals this past weekend to freeze though so we can get back on track :)
- Take Clay to the park at least once a month. Oh, January, you were mean and cold. And the days that you were warm? Weekdays :/ I did take him out to play in the snow though :)
- Run 200 miles. January total= 0 miles. My jogging stroller is in Tennessee and with the new change to our schedule, I have to take Clay.
- Run in six races (two half marathons). I've already picked a race in February and one in March :)
- Get my etsy shop stocked and ready to go by the beginning of February. About that...let's say March?
- Find a storytime/class/etc to participate in with Clay. I've looked into a couple of classes, now I just have to decide!
- Save $15 a week specifically for Christmas and make two handmade gifts a month. No on the saving, but I have been working on a big present!
- Send out birthday cards this year. Done! Well, I've only had one to send out, but I did it!
- Send out 365 cards this year (more about this in another post). On track!
- Keep focus on my word (love) and phrase (I can't be bothered) throughout the year. Guys, figuring out love languages can be hard, but I'm getting there. And the phrase? Well, I did really well the first few weeks of the new year, but this past week or so, I've really let things bother me that shouldn't :(
- Make a list of all of the projects I want to complete and do one a month. Err...
- Make one granny square a week for my #crochetmoodblanket2014. Just have to do this week's and I'll be caught up!
- Keep up with the perpetual calendar I made to record memories. I've actually done better than I thought I would on this! It helps that I have it on the table staring me in the face everyday!
So now that you all know how horribly I'm doing, please feel free to text, snapchat, email, Instagram, tweet, or show up on my doorstep telling me to get it together!!
How are you doing on your wishes for the year? Do you need a swift kick in the behind too?