Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday- Sweet Potato Fries

In an attempt to revamp my blog, Food Friday has now become What I Ate Wednesday! I hope you enjoy this and all the other posts that will be coming your way!

Last week I was discussing sweet potatoes with the girl that I nanny for (really, this wasn't the weirdest topic we've ever had), and we discovered that we both LOVED sweet potato fries so I promised I would make them for a (healthy!) snack the next day. I've made sweet potato fries before but it's been awhile and I couldn't remember what temperature, how long, what to season with, so I went on the Internet to search. There are a hundred different ways to make sweet potato fries. Garlic salt, oregano, paprika, and on and on. Finally I decided to go basic and they were a huge hit!

Here's what I did:



20130202-224621.jpg


Start with fresh sweet potatoes. Clean, peel, and cut into fries according to preference.




20130202-224753.jpg


I cut these up during the day while the kids were at school to cut down on prep time after school.

I didn't get a photo of the next step (sorry!), but here's what I did:
-Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
-Line baking sheet with wax paper.
-Toss fries with a LITTLE olive oil and spread out on sheet.
-Salt and pepper according to preference.
-Bake for 20 minutes turning the fries once halfway through.
-Let cool and enjoy!



20130202-225250.jpg


What are some healthy snacks that you make?

Love,
Jess

No comments: