Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

The first time I had fruit salsa was at my baby shower last summer and I fell in love! I wanted to make it so I asked my friend Amy for the recipe. What did she say? "Oh, just cut up the fruit and add brown sugar." Uhh...

Fast forward to now. I had pinned a couple of fruit salsa recipes on Pinterest but everytime I pulled them up to make it I didn't have something. They all called for preservatives and sugar and brown sugar or lime and exactly two apples.

Yesterday I had enough. I was at work and brainstorming for snack ideas and thought, "well, we'll do it Amy's way."

Thank you, Amy.



20130415-215559.jpg

This happened.

So seriously, pull out the fruit you have on hand and go for it.

Here's what I ended up using:

4 large strawberries
1/2 apple
Handful of grapes
Handful of blueberries
1/2 a mango

Chop it all up and mix with a tablespoonish of brown sugar.

You're done.

This probably made 3-5 servings depending on how quickly you can stop eating it.

For the cinnamon chips I looked up several recipes and consulted Amy. In the end, this is what I did:

Brush tortilla with butter (or baking spray).
Coat with cinnamon/sugar mixture (1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon).
Shake off excess.
Use pizza cutter to cut into 8 chips.
Bake at 375 for 4-6 minutes.

And there you have it. Enjoy!

Bonus! Do you ever have one of those days where everything you eat makes you weak in the knees? That was yesterday and lucky for you I like to photograph my food. A lot.



20130415-220437.jpg
Mexican crockpot chicken. Recipe coming soon.



20130415-220600.jpg
Toast with scrambled egg, cheddar cheese, and ketchup. I know I'm gross. I don't care. It was delicious.



20130415-220737.jpg
Dark chocolate Guinness cookies. Recipe coming soon!

Mmmmm...

Have a great Tuesday!

Love,
Jess

P.S. Mandatory cute baby photo...



20130415-221021.jpg
I think he was trying to hide under my bed because it was Monday.

No comments: